Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life in the Corridor

















Life right now is like an endless corridor.
On either side of me, as I walk down it,
There are rows of doors, doors, and more doors.
I grab a door knob, turn, and find that the door is locked.
I try another,
And it opens.
So I walk through only to find another door.
I open that one and find one more door.
I continue opening doors until I open one to find
A big, daunting door that's clearly locked.
Tightly chained.
Bolted shut.
No key to be found.
With a sign that says something like,
"Turn around" or "Not this one -nice try though!"
So I find myself back at the corridor
Trying more doors,
No end in sight.
But I know that there
Must be light
At the end of the corridor,
Though I can't always see it.
And I hold onto this hope:
That someday,
Somehow,
I will open one of those doors
And find what I've been waiting for.
And that will make it all
Worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts