Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This is Not a Thanksgiving List

Thankfulness is a funny thing. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone. And that may be true at times. But other times, it is overwhelming to think about all that you do have.

I know when I think about what I have, I have a lot.

More than I need. More than I even want at times. More than I can add to a list to stick on a blog post to tell you what I'm most grateful for (though I thought of doing exactly that). Let's face it, a list wouldn't cut it.

Because I have a life most people dream of having. I'm fed, clothed, sheltered, provided for. But more than that, I'm encouraged, challenged, motivated, comforted, and loved day in and day out. And I have the Creator of the Universe willing and wanting to bless me. Me (of all people)!

So, I don't have a cute, little list for you today in honor of Thanksgiving. Instead, I have a short piece of rambling and a whole lot of awe for the One who thought to give me the things I wouldn't even consider ever putting on a list.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope you are overwhelmed with blessings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts