Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dear Reality

Hey Reality,

I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you that you've surprised me recently. I don't know why, because I knew you and I were going to be hanging out a lot this year... I just pictured things differently. For one thing, I thought you would be nicer. Don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes it feels like you're more of a stalker than a friend of mine. You know I don't mind irony and sarcasm every once in a while and I appreciate your honesty and criticism. But do you have to be so brutal? I'm trying here! Can't you see that?

I guess I just hoped you'd give me the benefit of the doubt. That you'd provide me with some tips on how to get a great job. Or that you'd introduce me to some good friends in the area. I know things take time and I'm willing to work at it, but you have to hold up your part of our relationship. I do want to be friends. You're humbling, you're challenging, you're adventurous, and I like that. Honestly.

I want to make this work. Just go easy on me, okay?

I'm still learning...

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts