Friday, December 31, 2010

My 2010 Was...

~ Playing Quelf and laughing harder than ever until 3 in the morning to begin the new year
~ J-Term roadtrips, hair dying, and some learning too with 1WO and my sis
~ An ongoing Fluxx tournament (best card game ever!) with Hannah
~ A playlist of B.o.B, Joshua Radin, Broken Bells, IYAZ, He is We, The Civil Wars, and Taylor Swift
~ Midnight chats with God in the prayer chapel, walks around the loop, and dreams of the future
~ A week in paradise with the family, wishing I had the life of a surfer
~ Listening to awesome sermons at Exit and wanting to take that church with me back to Illinois
~ Exploring more of the passions and gifts I've been given
~ Watching Grayson Chance, Ellen, and auto-tuned videos on YouTube
~ Being intentional about friendships, building them up before leaving school
~ Birthday dinners, forming nicknames, suffering in French, movie nights, Grille meals, bike rides, Walmart runs, hallway discos, "studying" in Upland
~ Graduating from Taylor with a BA in writing and a minor in psych
~ Turning 22 -no question I'm an adult now!
~ sLOVEnia - teaching English, building relationships, and seeing the Holy Spirit work
~ Obsessing over Lost's final season, Chuck, and a bit of Heartland
~ Getting good at the application process
~ Seeing Canada's parliament buildings in person finally
~ Eating my first lobster meal ever
~ Discovering pomegranates and loving them (weird, alien fruit)
~ Waiting, waiting, and more waiting 
~ Buying my first pair of skinny jeans
~ Babysitting as much as possible
~ Dealing with long-distances through many visits, phone conversations, skype calls, facebook chats, and the occasional sent package
~ Reading My Generation by Josh Riebock, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and a bunch of books by Henri Nouwen
~ Checking my blog's stats way too often
~ Getting a Wii for Christmas :)
~ Celebrating the holidays with family in Canada
~ Toasting in the next year with my sister, Anderson Cooper, and Pink's "Raise Your Glass" song

My 2011 is... yet to be determined. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great 2010 to me!

    Next time I come over can we eat pomegranates and play Quelf while you wear your skinny jeans?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts