Monday, October 19, 2009

Who Is Your Neighbor?

I am the human waking up each morning in a house just like yours. I am the baby crying in the stroller you passed on the sidewalk. I am the restless teenager searching for meaning and the teacher attempting to open eyes. I’m the tired and the dreaming, the lazy and the bored. I am the one working hard to get what I want -money, attention, power. I am the longing. The single mom living in constant chaos. The soldier risking life in a far off land. The business man sitting in an office day in and day out. I am the poor, the oppressed, the rich, and greedy. I am the man you pass by every day without noticing. The struggling artist settling for quantity instead of quality. I am the quiet and the humble, the bold and outspoken. I am the sick. I am the girl walking your campus halls alone. The guy you think has it all together. I am the loving and the unloved. The peaceful and the impatient. I am one who thinks I’m not enough. I am the broken. The sinful.
And yet... I'm the one He loves. The created being. The unique, blameless, and blessed. I am the cared for and the righteous. He died for me.
Who is your neighbor? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts