Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dear Europe


Dearest Europe,

I have something to confess. I don't say this lightly, but I'm kind of hopelessly in love with you. Every time I get to visit my heart leaps and every time I'm forced to say goodbye I miss you even more than the last time. I've only been gone from you for a month now, but it feels like so much longer.

I absolutely love the way you greet me with roses and chocolate on occasion, the fresh bread you make me in the mornings, and of course the gelato in the afternoons. Thank you for welcoming me into a life of laid-back adventure. The cobblestone roads you lead me down and the views of church spires and country-sides you have shown me over the years have stayed with me. No matter how hard I try I cannot forget the history lessons you've taught me -the art and culture. I appreciate the steady way you change while still remembering your past. Your faithful and welcoming heart is appreciated.

And more than anything else, you feel like home.
Thanks for that.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandy! I appreciate that : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! You totally captured Europe. :) I'm glad you still feel at home here. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts