Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lessons Learned in Colorado

So, I've been in Colorado for a month now. I'll be sad to leave it on Monday, but I won't be leaving without taking some lessons with me. Here's what I've learned at MTI, Focus on the Family, and everywhere in between over the past few weeks.

~ Big change becomes normal soon enough. Funny how that works, but this fact gives me peace every time I think about graduating next spring.


~ I'm in love with words. I guess I've always known this, but it's nice to be reminded every once and a while.


~ Colorado sky could keep me excited for life. The clouds, stars, rainbows, colors.... Who cares about the mountains? The sky is freakin' awesome!


~ Driving isn't as difficult as I initially thought. As long as I have enough gas, a Starbucks, and The Weepies with me, I'm good.


~ Joy can be found in simple things. Just take a closer look at a one-year-old.


~ Fellowship can happen pretty much anywhere at any time and with anyone. And strangers can easily become close friends when out of their comfort zone.


~ Sharing is caring : )
One of the many lessons I've taught the MTI kiddos since arriving.


~ Cubicles could possibly be the end to me when I start working full time. I guess I'm more of a socialite than I thought!


~ An author is only as good as the people who stand behind her.


~ Push is an interesting movie and 7 Pounds doesn't explain why it's called that.


~ God has a way of directing people to cross paths when needed the most. More than any other summer, I've been given a lot of opportunities to hang out with and talk to people I know will play a role in my future.


~ Reading is fun. But reading in order to discuss material is even funner!


~ Hiking is a good analogy for life. I never really understood why until I hiked 4 hours up a CO mountain.


Those are just some of the random things I've been learning recently. What has God been teaching you?

1 comment:

  1. Let me just name 3 things I am in absolute agreement with:

    -hiking IS an excellent metaphor for life, along with a ton of the things you interact with along the way. Just one more proof that all of our artwork the metaphors, the word pictures, the actual pictures, almost always copy some element of the first creation--His creation.

    -Driving is NOT as difficult as some would think. Weepies=wonderful companion.

    -The sky, DANG, the Colorado sky. Funny that we both have blogged about the Colorado sky recently.

    SO glad your time has been this good! Can't wait to see you in the Fall and here more!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts